Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Two-Challenge Day

Two challenges have been rattling around in my mind. One of course is the Less is More challenge. I made another card with stripes, that STILL won't qualify, because I forgot it has to also be one-layer. Aagh! Still, it's happy and it makes me smile:


Now, can you imagine someone saying this is not "Less is More"? And wouldn't it look less complete without that turquoise frame? Oh well, maybe I'll try again, and actually manage to remember that it has to be a one-layer card next time! The inspiration for the colours came from the jacket of one of the kids I see each day when I pick up my daughter from school.

The second challenge is the CAS157 challenge at Splitcoaststampers. It's a sketch challenge and I wanted to do something different:



What do you think? Too weird? I kind of like it, in an off-balance, non-symmetrical way. (And you know, I love balance and symmetry - I'm an accountant, after all!)

I also made this one, a little less, shall we say, unexpected:


I saw this colour combination at GEOX this morning. I added the coral - without it, I was left with a flowery yet masculine card - and who can you send THAT to?

Thanks for dropping by!

Supplies:
"Plaid"
Stamps: Waltzingmouse (Offbeat Backgrounds - plaid), ? Happy Birthday
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence, Chartreuse (palette), Versafine black
Accessories: masking

"Joy to the world"
Stamps: SU! Big Deal alphabet, ? "to the world"
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Versafine black
Accessories: none

"Happy Birthday"
Stamps: SU! Big Things, Little Things, Papertrey Ink (Happy Birthday)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral
Ink: Sahara Sand, Going Grey, Night of Navy
Accessories: Copics, Stardust stickles



2 comments:

  1. I like all three cards, but how did you make the stripes on the first card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda - Thanks for your kind comments! I masked the outside 1/4 inch of the card and then stamped the stripes with clear stamps from Waltzingmouse stamps - the stamp has a thick and thin line, it's designed to enable you to make plaid like this. Because it's only one set of lines, you can choose as many colours as you want. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.