Tuesday 3 September 2013

CASology 60 - Apple


This week's CASology Cue Card is Apple!



I hope you get my reference to the "Big Apple" on this card, with the stamped image of the Chrysler building. This CSS sentiment seems appropriate for a thank you to someone who "leapt over a tall building" or other equivalent act of kindness! Sometimes it's good just to ink up your stamps and stamp them - no embellishments, no embossing, nothing - just simple, simple simple!

I have another, more 'expected' card for this cue Card. I was at the Canadian National Exhibition and Canadian International Airshow with my kids the other day. It was hot and crowded (two of my very least favourite conditions) but I still managed to find some inspiration at a booth in the Food Building (where Kate found the Nutellerie*). I just realized that I have no idea what this booth was selling, but their walls were covered with different-sized apples that looked like this (altough on a black background, which I thought looked even funkier). I finished it off with part of a sentiment from a brand new Papertrey set.


And now it's your turn. We're definitely coming into apple season (my favourites are Honeycrisp - they should be here any day now!), so I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all coming up with some inspiration!

Before you go, check out what the rest of the DT (including Moxie Fabber Jennifer Wills!) came up with!

and this week's Guest Designer: Sandie

*If you've read this far and are still interested in the Nutellerie, here's the scoop:


If you are a Nutella lover, you will appreciate this place - it only had 7 items on the menu, all smothered in Nutella. In the end, Kate chose the sweet-potato fries covered with Nutella and powdered sugar. A variation on a Quebecois treat called poutine (french fries covered in cheese curds and gravy) which is also popular as fair food. But sweet potatos are high in fibre, right? So this was clearly the healthier choice!




24 comments:

  1. Love the pics of your daughter. Your two cards are both so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yikes those fries sound like something only a kid could like! Love both of your takes on the cue card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two clever cards! Hate the sound of the food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man are you clever (and talented)!! took me a moment to get your "big apple" reference, but once I did I had to laugh. absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fun time despite the crowds and heat! Both cards are fun...love the "big apple" card, and the clean simple lines of your second one. Only a month to go....!!!! I'm so psyched! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have thought to showcase the "big apple" but you did it perfectly. I could have told the other big apple was yours without much trouble - your graphic style and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been paging through your blog while I avoid the vacuuming (only 1 room to go actually). As much as I am not enamored of cleaning, I do love the clean style of your cards. I know you generally visit my blog while performing your DT duties, but I wanted you to know that I do appreciate your lovely comments. Thank you.
    DebiB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards :) especially the inspired card :) love the simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on apple. I got it right away. What other apple is there besides the big one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous apple!!! Love them both. And the sweet potato fries sound yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creativity always amazes & delights me, Ardyth! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love BOTH cards! So great and graphically BOLD.. SO inspiring. Can't wait to see the posts we will get!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, got the reference on your Big Apple card ... now imagining the super hero atop! Love the die cut apple ... p'raps just a smidgey bit less sugar than the nutella enrobed sweet potatoes?? Super photo's of Katie! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing these cute pics of Kate...I'll bet those sweet potato fries never tasted so good!

    I love your cards, Ardyth! Your clever use of the apple with the sentiment is fab, and I love your clever 'Big Apple' card, too! I have to tell you, I live 30 miles from NYC and had to read your explanation...it's too early in the day for me, but thanks for making me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A totally clever Ardyth-esqu take on the cue word. I love it! The sentiment is perfect too and I love the way the pink pops off the lavender.

    Love the cool, crisp graphicness of the second card. I am always so in awe of how you translate cool stuff that you see onto your cards.

    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the expected... love the unexpected - now that's outside the box, as we expect from you!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOOOOOVE that super hero card so very much indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love both of your cards, Ardyth! Just fantastic, as usual. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did it again! I just love the way your mind works, Big Apple, of course!!!

    Um, Nutella covered Sweet Potato Fries?!!?!?!?!!!!! Are you kidding? That must be delicious. Did you try them?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are fabulous ~ so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm, OK, first, your card is FABULOUS! The vibrant red/pink stamped over the muted gray is so STRIKING. Second, you have a stamp of the Chrysler building ...wow, that's pretty impressive. Third, we are going with another family to pick Honeycrisp apples on Tuesday! I don't know much about apples, but of the 5-6 varieties available in the orchard that week, the Honeycrisp is the only one you can't use a coupon on. So I figured it must be good! Fourth, never in a million years would I pair Nutella and sweet potato fries ... sounds very interesting!

    OK, that's it for me. I don't have a 5th thing to say : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry a late visit from me this week. Love both your cards, I didn't even think New York when I seen the cue word. Duh! A nutella shop whhhaaaat why have I never heard of this. Even more of a reason to visit my relatives in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I totally love the "Big Apple" reference, what an exciting city and an amazing card! I also love your die-cut apple, so CAS!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.