Wednesday 25 September 2013

Muse 36 - Thanks


For this week's Muse Challenge, inspired by this beautiful card by our Guest Muse, Karen M




I focused on Karen's cool colour scheme, the black embellishments and the little dots. I started by creating plaid cardstock with 3 blue copic markers and then I cut out the petals using Paper Smooches and Papertrey dies. (I cut a solid shape using the bigger leaf die and then cut it again with the smaller one to create outline petals).  I glued them down only in the centre, so that they are curving up a bit on the edges to create some dimension. I was thinking a nice big black brad would work nicely to hold this flower together. However, no nice big black brad on hand, so I cut 3 circles from black cardstock and stuck them all together. I added little dots with a black gel pen and finished it off with a sentiment.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us at Muse this week - the deadline is Monday at 8:00 am EDT. Even if you can't make a card, please make sure you come back to vote on your favourite 3 projects from Monday at 8:00 am to Tuesday at 8:00 am. Results will be posted on Tuesday at noon!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is lovely! Those dots just do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaid you made with markers...wow! I would never have guessed you used PS for this flower...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of the flower! Great card! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a BOLD beauty! The dots are a perfect addition and your Copic plaid is brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those plaid colours, Ardyth ... so creative, so inspiring, so brilliant ... well actually that describes your whole card! A nita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Very cool card! Love your flower...AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome. I love how you did the leaves and your plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making your own plaid? What will you do next. I love how the ends are loose, the dimension is wonderful. And perfect dots. I'm still shaking my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sharp contrast between your unbelievable, drop dead gorgeous plaid and the bold black center "brad" is so striking and eye catching! It's amazing how much the little black dots contribute to the WOW factor too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you made your own plaid! I would like to see you be "lazy" one day and just grab some patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yowza! Love this card... Please add it to my list of 'must buy' if it's still available? Have a great day! xoxo Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this gorgeous card Ardyth - such a beautiful flower:) Thanks again for having me along as a guest this week at muse - it has been so much fun and I love seeing all the beautiful cards in the gallery! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The petal outline is a fabulous take! Love the little dots on the inside of them. Beautiful color indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made the plaid...wow, lovely. Those perfectly placed dots add that extra something to the already lovely leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, love your take on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.