Wednesday 4 September 2013

OLW156 - Paintchip!


It's my turn to host One Layer Wednesday! A couple of weeks ago,  I enjoyed Heather's one colour, one stamp, one sentiment challenge so much I decided to do something similar. I called it Paintchip, and the idea is to choose one colour and use as many shades of it as you can on your card. You can use a different, neutral colour for your sentiment if you want.

I went quite literal and made my card look a little like a paintchip by stamping the rectangles of blue ink before stamping the MFT Max Alpha letters in matching colours. But you can use your imagination and go in which ever direction you choose!


OLW156 Rules

1.  Create a one layer card.  This is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half.  No other layers allowed.

2.  Create a card that uses only one colour, but in as many shades as you like.  You can use a neutral colour for your sentiment if you want.

3.  Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL LAYERS of cardstock.

4.  Post your card online and link it to the InLinkz button in the sidebar.  If you link to your blog, please link to the specific post, not your blog's main page.

5.  Have Fun!!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

13 comments:

  1. Very clever take on your own challenge. You should link up to the ombre challenge at MF. Your blues rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Gloriously graphic, beautiful blue hues ... perfection! Such a brilliant idea for the challenge, Ardyth ... my little grey cells are beginning to get active! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graphic and awesome Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever card Ardyth-great design-I love those shades of blue :)
    N essa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea for a challenge and I love your creation. All those blues are so yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so fun, Ardyth! Between this fab ombre OLW card and your stunning apple CASology cards, I am so inspired. I sure hope the ol' body gives me a long enough break to play in either or both of these new challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one seriously had me thinking, though I could not wrap my feeble (was sick that night) mind around it... Still you amaze! And I will keep brainstorming. What you make seem effortless and easy, is a struggle at for me to get tht easy breezy CAS card. Glad I turn to you for the inspiration. I will get there... slowly! LOL

    Have a great day Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card - mine took on a life of it's own. Not what I had originally planned - maybe I'll do another one. Sorry about the long name - it was the first time I used the new inlink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh, very, very clever! I've never thought of adding something to a letter. But here you did it, and it's completely the focal point. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another totally Ardyth creation! Vibrant colors, perfectly stamped images and a brilliant idea set to paper for our viewing pleasure and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a challenge for me. For the first time I did one lauer card :) been havecfun creating it. Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.