Wednesday 18 September 2013

Teenage Drama!



My friend asked me to make a birthday card for her niece who is turning 18. I figured something with high drama and sparkle would be good. I cut '18' and then simply used the offset function on my Silhouette to create the neon pink borders (it's so cool - you can choose how thick you want the borders to be and it cuts it perfectly!) I then glued the black onto the pink onto the black card base and covered the exposed pink in Glam Pink stickles. I used a matching pink panel inside the card, stamped with Happy Birthday.



16 comments:

  1. What an impact this makes, Ardyth! Love that big, bold, sparky 18! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just popped in to say I love your arrow card -which is so clever! This card is soooo AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, high drama and sparkle indeed, Ardyth ... just stunning ... I love the idea of the pink panel inside! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love it. Really eye catching. Might have to get myself one of those machines, its getting very very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design! Think it is not so easy to work out all the ways you can use such a machine, but the results are perfect! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for that age! awesome machine that Silhouette! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely perfect for an 18 year old! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo cool! Your friend's niece will absolutely love this! Great use of the Cameo too. Love all that pink sparkle. Great, great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very dramatic! Perfect for an 18 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So perfect! I am sure any 18-year old girl would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - she is going to love this! And I'm lovin' my visit because I had no idea this could be accomplished on the Silhouette....however, I am only at page 34 in the manual. Some exciting "learning" ahead! Fabulous pink stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No missing the message here! Had to come check out your craft room (via Bev).

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.