Friday 4 July 2014

Muse 74 - Enjoy!

Click to link up to Darnell's Birthday party by July 16. 


Here's my take on this week's Muse challenge, where our Guest Designer is Jennifer Wills and this card:




I love the beachy feel of Jen's card! I decided to go a little abstract and use stripes to represent the beach, ocean and sky, and a popped-up yellow circle for the sun. I stamped the Papertrey sentiment in Smoky Slate.

Kate and I are getting ready to visit Struan at his gliding school tomorrow and then bright and early Sunday morning, we're heading up to our church Music camp for about a week. Kate's going as a student and I'm going (for the first time since I was a student about 30 years ago!), as a member of faculty. I'll be playing the piano for the vocal program. Anyway, if it seems quiet here (or if you don't see me commenting), you'll know that there's no wifi at camp.

The deadline for this Muse challenge is Monday morning at 8 am EDT. You can then vote for your top 3 favourites until Tuesday morning at 8 am. If (and that's a big IF) there's wifi up at camp, I will post the winners as soon as I can, but my back up plan is to post them when I get back, on Sunday July 13.

I'm going to squeak this into Addicted to CAS's Sun challenge.



15 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time at camp! My oldest is going to show choir camp on Sunday. I'm looking forward to going back up next Saturday to see their performances. Love your graphic take on Jen's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ardyth!!! Awesome use of the stripes for your beach-feel card! So very you, and so very fabulous. Have a wonderful time at camp next week! How fun to go back there with Kate ... I wonder if you have any photos of yourself at camp? Wouldn't that be a riot to get the same pose, same location, only with Kate? Then you could take a photo of just you and have a before and after series. Fun, fun. Anyway, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so unique, I could spot them anywhere. Nice Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this abstract card Ardyth! I love the beachy stripes and the yellow "sun" pop of color. Beautifully done!! I hope you enjoy your visit with your son and I hope you enjoy being at camp as a faculty member! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ardyth. LOVE how you've interpreted the beach scene with your stripes - perfectly graphic and perfectly YOU! :) Thanks so much for joining us for the SUN challenge at ATCAS. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for Muse Ardyth, I always love your later in the week Muse posts the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you " Squeaked " this fabulous card in at ATCAS its always such a pleasure to see you here. Great take on Jennifer's card love the stripes such a perfect modern beach scene. Thanks for playing along.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love this take on the Muse card. I so love your graphic cards. Have fun at camp x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing take on the inspiration card. Your bands of color definitely evoke a beach feel. Have a great time at camp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy, Ardyth ... brilliant blocks of gorgeous colours ... so summery! Have a great time at camp! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning and in pure Ardyth style too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet modern beach scene (love your version)!

    How exciting - a wee getaway at camp where you can (discretely) keep an eye on Kate!

    Do the faculty members have to sleep on bunk beds too?

    Have fun! You deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lov show you can take the fluffiest image and turn it into graphic coolness. So awesome! Have a fabulous time at camp!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.