Friday 22 August 2014

FFC38 - Mid-Challenge Inspiration - Peace


Time for some mid-challenge Festive Friday inspiration! Here's our inspiration:



I admit that I first thought that black and white would be tough for a Christmas card, but in the end, I'm happy with the cards I've made for this challenge and I've been so impressed with the entries so far!

Again, I focused on the colour scheme and used those Tim Holtz trees, along with a 'handwritten' Verve sentiment. It was feeling a little too stark at that point, so I covered the panel in Versamark ink and then embossed it with iridescent ep. This is a quick, easy way to add a lot of sparkle!

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us, don't forget that the deadline is Wednesday, August 27.


12 comments:

  1. Cool and classy Ardyth. I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those trees and all the fabulous sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sparkle on the trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat card Ardyth! I do love the sparkle all over-what a clever idea! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is beautiful too! Looks great in black and white! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous, Ardyth ... what a beautifully peaceful tree scene ... the sentiment's perfect with it! Love the iridescent shimmer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning card, Ardyth! Thank you for sharing a tip to cover the entire picture with EP, I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning card, Ardyth! Thank you for sharing a tip to cover the entire picture with EP, I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those trees. And an entire panel of sparkle? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Black and white and lots of sparkle - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, you're giving me a shopping list today! Stencils, Stampabilities sentiment and now iridescent embossing powder! What a genius idea! I thought this was glitter when I first looked - a technique that I love the look of but which drives me crazy with the mess. This is the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That EP is a wonderful element. Love those funky trees :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.