Saturday 20 December 2014

Muse 98 - Happy Birthday


I love Marion's fun, whimsical Muse this week:




And I love all the fun, whimsical interpretations in the challenge gallery. I chose to focus on the colour scheme and layout but changed the feeling a bit.

I cut the Penny Black flower once in white and 3 times in black and stacked them all together. I sponged the white layer with Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire and then popped a yellow (sponged with Marmalade) centre on top. I coated the whole thing in Glossy Accents and added an Ink Essentials (oops - Expressions in Ink) sentiment.

There is still a little time to play along - the deadline is Monday at 8 am. Voting will start at that time and continue until 8 am on Tuesday morning. Results will be posted on Tuesday at noon.

And that will be it from Muse until 2015! We'll take a little break over the holidays and return with DT Member Vicki Dutcher on January 5.

18 comments:

  1. Now you are designing jewelry, as well?!! I would so wear this, Ardy! It's smashing and fun!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Darnell! It will make a gorgeous pendant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little flower birthday card still sits at my [new and improved] desk, Ardyth. Another shining example of why we all love your style...
    gorgeous...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FANTASTIC Ardyth.
    Love the image, shine, CASness, sentiment.
    AMAZING!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is simply gorgeous - love the flower and that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Ardyth, I am so loving this card! Ok it is that flower that I love!!! Would that make a beautiful pin?!! Love the bright blue with the pop of yellow in the center. You do amazing things with distress inks! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing what you did with this flower - I love how it pops against the white background. CAS at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous - love your twist on the inspiration card! The dimension and gloss on the flower look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great birthday card and that is one heck of a gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all those fabulous glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is very striking Ardyth and I love your gorgeous flower! Merry christmas to you and your family - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shine over all that gorgeous sponging is delicious, Ardyth ... beautiful daisy ... so fabulous against the crisp white! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shine on this is fantastic and I love the hint of shadow from the black layers. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.