Friday 11 December 2015

Muse 145 - Noel


This is my card for this week's Muse Challenge, where Joan has given us this pretty-in-pink card as her final inspiration:



I focused on Joan's
-colour scheme (although I intensified the pink quite a bit - PTI Raspberry Fizz!)
-circle element
-dots
-Christmas greenery (MFT Limelight)
-sentiment

This was a card that came together because of a scrap on my desk. I had cut a white tree from one end of a long thin scrap (I use this tree a lot!) and then, when this embossing folder arrived, I had embossed the other end of the scrap to show Kate how cool it was. When I was tidying up, I came across the scrap and thought how it looked like snow falling on the tree. Ideas come from the funniest places, don't they?

I used
-Simon Says Stamp Mod Tree die
-MFT Pierced Circle die
-WRMK Next Level embossing folder
-unknown sentiment

9 comments:

  1. Love your story of how this came to be - a wonderful card Ardyth!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! The soft texture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save! The wee bit of scrap makes the perfect snowy backdrop. As for the tree...how can you not use it a lot...it is just too cute to sit on the sidelines!

    Will be MIA for the next couple of weeks. We are hosting Christmas this year so tons of preparations needed which means crafty time & bloggie visiting will be zippo!

    Wishing you and your sweet family a very blessed Christmas and a joyous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, and a great spin on Joan's inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choice of pink. ;) Goes well with the bright green tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that modern tree and those big blobby "snowflakes" - I have that die in my collection and have not yet used it this year. I guess I should pull it out - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the embossed polka dots, this is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardyth - I love your interpretations of the Muse card; I'm inspired by your "vision"; thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.