Sunday 24 April 2016

FS481 - Happy Birthday


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is Virginia! I'm so excited - I think this is the first time that I've actually met the FS in real life!  Here's proof  - a couple (maybe 3?!) of years ago, Tracey and I drove to Virginia's home town (about an hour away from me) for a local Scrapfest. We had a blast!


Virginia is a very talented cardmaker (and cook - let's not forget the FOOD!) so it was difficult to choose just one card as my inspiration - but here it is:



I focused on Viriginia's
-layout including offset white panel and sentiment placement
-use of an inlaid, but not quite laid down die cut
-embellished centre

I changed:
-the colours on my back panel
-the season of the card
-the placement of the 'dots' (Virginia's on the front panel, mine on my back panel)
-left off the 'nest' and stitching

I  used:
-Memory Box Tilth Floral die
-Altenew Label Love

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, love your CASE of Virginia's card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a bright and happy card, Ardyth. Love your spin on Virginia's beautiful card.
    Wish I had some crafty frineds living nearby...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fabulous CASE Ardyth! Love the bright colours! Seeing that photo makes me thing we need to do another road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love how you were inspired by Virginia's fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...what a way to find out that I am the Feature Stamper through your post ( I'm in Ottawa right now...). Your gorgeous card caught my eyes until I found out about MY card!! Your CASing is excellent. The colors and vibrancy are so my cup of tea! Thanks for the kind words, Ardyth! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Gorgeous colors...perfectly blended and spotted with sweet little polkie dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunner, Ardyth ... what fantastic blending ... and such playful tiny background dots! Hugs and bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FABULOUS card, Ardyth!!! The flower is so super stunning - the colours are wonderful!!!!! Oh, I really like this a LOT!!!! So striking!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a PRETTY card, love the back speckles!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice that you got to meet Virginia in real life! Your CASE of her card is fabulous. Love the flower-for-snowflake switcheroo! And those bright and happy colors! Love the off-set panels too. Another great card, Ardyth. Have a wonderful week!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful take on Virginia's card. You are my inking idol and the black dots really give it an extra wow factor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card...love that sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Ardyth this is absolutely fabulous - love the colours and the spots, they are gorgeous and really set off the colours.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is undeniably gorgeous! Love the bright background, that awesome Tilth flower, and a great CASE of Virginia! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The prettiest take on Virginia's card. Love the background card being offset, the colours you've used and the flower not totally being in laid, gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so awesome! I have nothing else to say. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.