Tuesday 12 July 2016

CASology 206 - Art


This week's CASology Cue Card is Art!



I went all out and decided to make my own "art", complete in a fancy gold frame, hanging on an all-white (of course!) 'wall'!

I used Zig markers to make my tiny watercolour painting. I started by swiping a strip of green across the bottom for the ground. I placed a number of dots of various colours and sizes and then added water to them to expand them. When it was dry, I added dark grey centres and green stems and leaves. I think they look like poppies.

I used a Papertrey Ink die to create the canvas and the frame.

I finished with a partial sentiment from Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints. I will also link this up to Day 8 of @thedailymarker30day colouring challenge.

Now it's your turn. In my opinion ALL the cards we make are art, and I can't wait to see how you interpret this fun cue card!

Be sure to check out the rest of the DT for more inspiration:

14 comments:

  1. I totally adore this! Looks worthy of hanging in an art gallery to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic. one of your best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Ardyth ... your description of gold framed art against a white wall was exactly how I saw this fabulous card ... love it! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could be in an art museum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 'art on a wall is inspirational' Ardyth - and makes a beautiful card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic piece of art you created for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty little framed blooms! This is sweet Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!! Love how you made your own framed art for the CAS challenge this week
    ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this little canvas...❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous water colored flowers! I agree...poppies to me too! Awesome 'picture on the all' effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how literally you used the cue, making your own totally original art. Brilliant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love your cute little work of art, Ardyth!!!! So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the vibrant colors from the Zigs - terrific, framed work of art, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.