Sunday 6 August 2017

FS548 - Sweet


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper, Donna (aka D. Daisy). I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Donna's:
-watermelon theme and colours
-sweet sentiment
-partial circle element

I changed:
-reversed design (watermelon background with white focal element)
-orientation of card


What is more summery than watermelon? I watercoloured my background using Catherine Pooler Inks, blending colours to get different shades. I splatter some black 'seeds' and then popped my sentiment up on a partial doily die cut.

I am also linking up to CASology 260 




I used:

Catherine Pooler I Pick You

Catherine Pooler Inks: Lime Rickey, Melon Ice, Party Dress, Tutti Frutti, Midnight


Catherine Pooler Naturally Inspired Collection Stamp of Approval Spiro Doily Die (sold out)


8 comments:

  1. very reminiscent of a watermelon...making my mouth water for some now! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that juicy and gorgeous background you created. Fantastic to see you at CASology--is this 2 weeks in a row? Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome background, Ardyth! Always great to see your cards in the gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun watermelony background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic juicy background and I love your beautiful sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, Ardyth! I love the soft colors on your background with black splatters...so striking, and perfect with your beautiful doily!
    Thanks so much for another great video...I really enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. I always enjoy seeing your take on the inspiration card. It is always so unique and reminds me to think outside the box with card design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.