Saturday 13 January 2018

FS571 - Eat Cake




Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Lisa (aka MaryLisaK).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Lisa's:
-four-big-characters as focal point
-celebrate die cut

I changed:
-occasion
-numbers to letters
-colours

I used my grid mat to line up my letters and then taped them together and cut them out of my front panel. I then blended distress ink onto another panel, to show through. I kept the little centres of the letters to add back in.

Now. I don't actually have an 'eat' die cut. (do you?!)  But if you look closely at that Essentials by Ellen Celebrate, the 'at' is together. I trimmed them out of the word, trimmed an 'e' and glued them onto my card front. Go take a closer look - you can hardly tell! I used a Quickie glue pen to adhere the thin die cuts. Its fine tip is perfect for delicate jobs like this.





I used:

6 comments:

  1. I remember making one word from another before, Ardyth, and it's a good way to get what you need from you dies. The inked panel is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever!! Thank you for the fun video!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Ardyth... Colorful, CAS, and Fun... Three of my favorite things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth... your creation of eat was amazing...thanks for the tip and the wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.