Sunday 6 May 2012

Two Splitcoast Challenges

I'm going to show you a not-so-nice side of me. When I saw the choice of this week's Inspiration Challenge - Victorian Trading Company, I just about took my marbles home and decided not to play. Even before I went to the site. Victorian is almost never clean and simple and just not my style. In fact the word strikes terror into my heart! Pretty babyish, don't you think?

I forced myself to look through, convinced I would never find anything to inspire me. Wrong!




This card was made with a Martha Stewart punch and a Papertrey sentiment. I scored lines across the circle to represent the texture of the hat that inspired me:





For the Featured Stamper challenge, this week, The Queen of Sponging herself (my name for her), Heather T was chosen. 




This card was inspired by two of Heather's. One for layout:


And one for colour:



My second card uses Hero Arts and Stampability stamps (and Stickles, of course!):



and was inspired by this card of Heather's:


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, and QUITE nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS cards--LOVE all the CASEd ones! :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog--I had that stamp set YEARS ago, too, and also sold it. Found it at my local craft store garages sale on half price day for $2! You BET I snatched it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a chance to catch up with you for a while and you've been busy. I'm going to comment on each, but the word will be the same: brilliant! I can't see bothering with other superlatives, when that one word describes you and your work better than any other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot. I'm with you on the Victorian thing (blech), but look how you've inspired me to go ahead and look. You just never know! You certainly rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Poland, children's song about riding a yellow bus. Looking at your card right away, I remembered her words. Dzięuję for such a pleasant surprise and a memory. Regards, a card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.