Wednesday 15 August 2012

CAS183 - Channelling the 80's



This week's CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers is a sketch challenge.

Remember the 80's, and all that colour?! Remember George Michael (when he was in Wham!) and "Wake me up before you Go-Go"? Well, that's what I've got here. The colours remind me of all the ski jackets we wore way back in the "old days" (as my kids call them) and the sentiment reminds me of the "Choose Life" T-shirts that George and Andrew (whatever happened to him?) wore in the video. Oh, my! I could just keep rambling down memory lane all day! lol!

I used a Michael's stamp, and I created the colourful banner with copics. I used the wide side of my sketch markers so that the stripes are pretty uniform in width. I was inspired by a card my 9 year old daughter made.

7 comments:

  1. How about the Solid Gold. You remember that show on ABC. This is fabulous. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving the sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me loves how you use color Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card sizzles! Your colours are amazing - and the focal point SHOUTS! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card love the bright colours with the dark background. Loved your trip down memory lane too - I was lucky enough to go to a George Michael concert a few years ago and he was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, remember those days so well! I had a 'rockin' bandana that looked exactly like your card! The black background makes the colors jump right off the page! "COOL"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very 80's - love it! :) now I've got a mixture of wham and the Calvin Harris song going round in my head .... *it was acceptable in the 80's... *! :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.