Monday 9 December 2013

12 Days of Holiday Projects - Day 9




Welcome to Day 9 of a 12 day event to provide you with tons of Holiday-themed inspiration. We're making crafty projects using products we like and some of us are even offering prizes! Check each blog for information about what prizes are being offered and when the winners will be announced on that blog.

For today's card I used a new Tim Holtz tree stamp. Tim Holtz products are often a little too 'collage-y' for my style, but these trees cried out to me. And then I decided to try a technique I hadn't tried before - I inked up the stamp with white acrylic paint. Really thick. I stamped the image twice and then immediately sprinkled glitter all over the paint to get the feeling of fresh snow on the trees. I asked Struan if he thought that they looked like trees and he said "Oh yes mom. Either trees or bird poop!" Charming, isn't he? 


Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the rest of The Crew:

20 comments:

  1. This really caught my eye Ardyth as it's so different to your usual style...looks fabulous and I love your son's description of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting that you chose pink to go with the kraft/white combo. Love it! And I can't believe you own, and have used, a Tim Holtz stamp. Way to make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool...love that it is not your typical style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Kids are charming aren't they? Your trees look amazing and very snowy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love the honesty of our children...bird poop - cracked me up!

    Rest assured that these stunning trees are exactly that - stunning! Gorgeous color combo and cool offset design. The thick acrylic paint created unbelievably gorgeous texture! Pop this card into a really funky frame and you would have an awesome piece of wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're chuckling at Struan's description, Ardyth ... me, I prefer gorgeously snowy and frosty! Looks fastastic against the kraft with the vibrant pink! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, you know I meant fantastic right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a good laugh over your son's comment! A very 'cool' card; definitely striking and eye-catching! Trees with sprinkles of snow - that's all I see!! Pretty, plus!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ardyth! You and Tim Holtz!! And acrylic paint!!! It all equals a fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely trees and not bird poop! beautiful card and great bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those trees - so pretty.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun technique! Love the pop of pink too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bird poop...that just cracked me up! Kids are so darn funny. I personally think it looks like frosted gingerbread. Love the splash of pink too. Really fun card, Ardyth. And you should use it as a tag on one of Struan's presents! ; ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...and just the answer you would expect from a teenage boy! I say trees and fabulous ones at that!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your trees have amazing texture. (Your son cracked me up.) They appear heavily laden with snow - it's a beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow great technique those tree are awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  17. These trees are very rustic looking I really like the look

    ReplyDelete
  18. hee hee, bird poop! ;)

    Great design, love the pop of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful. Reminds me of the year my mom tried to made flocking for our Christmas tree from Ivory Snow...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.