Monday 14 December 2015

Church Christmas Card Project - Day 6 (Joy)


Click here for more information about my Church Christmas Card project and a link to my Pinterest board for more cards I made in past years

I think this may be one of my favourites this year. And it's so simple. Two Hero Arts stamps (one wooden, the other from Kelly's Fa La La). I heat embossed the two with silver embossing powder and then coloured in the Joy with two red Zig Clean Colour markers. The colours blended beautifully on the watercolour paper. I didn't add any water (it took me a few tries to figure out that this resulted in the richest colour). The panel was cut with an MFT pierced rectangle die and backed onto SU! Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

Also linking up (again!) to ATCAS Challenge #78 - Joy.

ETA: To Gardener (comment below) - here's a link to the stamp. I was not able to email you directly.

21 comments:

  1. Wow Ardyth, what a stunning card. The red Joy looks so good, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why it's your favourite it's simply stunning!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why it's your favourite it's simply stunning!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely positively gorgeous! Brilliant blending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, it's my favorite Ardyth!! So BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome 'zen tangle' look! This is some pretty awesome embossing - the detailed (and intricate) images are perfect! Love the Cherry Cobbler backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING!!! - love, love, love this one Ardyth - no wonder it is your favourite.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. The two-toned red Joy really stands out against that fabulous silver embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shaded joy is gorgeous and I love the deep red of Cherry Cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this too, Ardyth! I made cards very similar to this today with this lovely HA stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swooning here as always over your cards Ardyth. Eye-poppingly striking, classy and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card speaks JOY! Like the silver embossing and your red watercolored (with no water--hee) letters. Looks terrific on the cherry cobbler base, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, rich and so stylish, Ardyth ... just spectacular! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crisp, clean and gorgeous, Ardyth! I love the striking color combo, too! Beautiful card, as always! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Help! I've checked out hero arts and can't find that gorgeous joy filegree stamp. That is absolutely what I want for next year's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, WOW, this one is a doozy, Ardy!! Somehow I missed it until I just saw it as the well-deserved winner over at ATCAS!! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.