Sunday 29 January 2017

FS521 - You Amaze Me


Congratulations to Carolyn (snowmanqueen), this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on:
-partially inlaid technique
-floral theme

I changed:
-layout
-colours
-added black
-watercoloured background

I watercoloured a background using distress inks and the sprayed it with shimmer mist. I cut the flower out of a white panel, then removed it before cutting the panel down to show off the watercolouring.

I used:
-Memory Box Tilth Flower
-MFT For the Boys

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...love that the die is partially in-laid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shading - great take on the inlayed die cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really amazing and stikig design, bold and so ceative x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always amaze me. The partial inlay is a cool technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used this die! I should dig mine out and play with it again! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your watercoloured bg is so beautiful, Ardyth and that daisy is simply stunning!!!!! Love the colour of your card base and the sentiment and enamel dot in black!!!!! Fabulous!!!!!
    Have a great week!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ardyth, this is lovely. It caught my eye right away as I was scrolling through my reader. The watercolors are blended so nicely and that crisp clean white daisy outline fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful card - love your water colouring on this, and the partial die cut is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you cut down the panel part way to show off the purple, Ardyth. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design, this is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.