Friday 3 February 2017

MCV77 - Joy, Joy, Joy


Have you seen Chriss' amazing, elegant inspiration for the February Muse: ChristmasVisions? Here it is:


I LOVE this type of background. It's harder than it looks to stamp something like this and get it balanced and so pretty!

I focused on Chriss':
-colours
-joy theme
-gold embossing
-winter plants theme

I started by creating a panel of embossed poinsettias, holly and pine branches. I watercoloured with distress inks and then thought about what to do with it - I didn't want to just re-make Chriss' card (well I did, but that's not really the point of this challenge, is it? haha!).  I cut out one Joy and loved how it looked on its own, so I cut 3 more. I sponged the tops of them with Distress Ink and then stacked them all on 3 layers of dark gray, to give a subtle outline using dimension. In the end 4 was too crowded, so I used 3.

I used:
-Poppy Stamps Peaceful Poinsettia
-Essentials by Ellen Holiday Words die

17 comments:

  1. Stunning Ardyth. Love these letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING! ELEGANT! BEAUTIFUL!!! I was 100% positive that you used DP! Love how you 'reversed' Chriss' design by putting the pattern on the letters versus the background! Gorgeous, subtle blue shading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is stunning!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing and wonderful. Love what you've done on your card and fabulous take on the MUSE card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an FYI- I think the Muse Christmas card is actually one whole background stamp from Hero Arts. Isn't it stunning? Your card is beautiful as well! I look forward to seeing your posts each night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous take on the inspiration card Ardyth - I think I may like it more than the original.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, Ardyth. I love how it looks and it's so you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold embossed leaves, berries, and blooms are beautiful. Love the blue you've added to each of the "joys," too. I think the green panel really makes all of your elements pop. This is truly beautiful. Love this! Have a good weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your take on the inspiration is very dynamic. I love the leaves on the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your very creative take on the inspiration card, Ardyth!!!! Beautifully done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular! Only word I can think of...just spectacular...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really bright and pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super take on Chriss's card Ardyth, fabulous card

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.