Sunday 5 March 2017

TO78 - Take Care


Tracey and I have decided to take #thedailymarker30day colouring challenge to the next level. Each day, we are both colouring images from the same set (or as in yesterday's case, the same animal). I thought it might make it harder, but actually, I'm finding it easier because I'm not agonizing over choosing a set every day; we have made a list and are working through it.

Today we are playing with Altenew's Bamboo Rose. I have made a number of cards with the roses in the past, so I chose to work with the butterfly today. I had every intention of actually colouring the butterfly, but I remembered this technique that I saw Sandy Allnock do for MFT, to make Copic colouring look a bit more like watercolours. I chose some mid-tone colours and dotted the background, before using the colourless blender to soften. I didn't do it exactly the same way Sandy did, but I'm happy with the pretty result. After I finished the background, I used the matching die to partially cut out the butterfly wings. They are popped up for dimension and interest.

I am linking up to Time Out (where I'm the current Guest Designer), where the challenge is friendship with the optional twist of spotlight stamping. Would we call this 'reverse' spotlight? lol!

8 comments:

  1. Reverse spotlight sounds good to me! :) I love all the dots and the pierced dies you used, very pretty, fabulous design. Thank you for being our GD and for sharing this beauty with us at TIME OUT too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely reverse spotlight. The color looks bookah to me...so very cool Ardyth! Love that you are playing again with us over at TO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft and muted colors - what a cool technique. The uncolored butterfly really stands out atop the pastel background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully soft and so pretty! Love the subtle colors on the butterfly wings. The circle backdrop is gorgeous! Love how the black pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW, this looks beautiful, Ardyth!!!! The colouring of the circle is so lovely and the softly coloured butterfly wings are very pretty!!!! Love your 'reverse spotlight' technique!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun design, looks like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good to me, Ardyth ... and looks lovely too! Such a pretty, subtle background ... and shimmery, delicate butterfly wings! What a treat to have you playing along as well as guest designing with us for our 3rd birthday at Time Out! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.